What is NIOS OBE?
The National Institute for Open Schooling created the NIOS OBE stands for (Open Basic Education) as a substitute for formal education.
Through this program, they want to help students and give them a chance to learn.
The OBE program has three levels: ‘A,’ ‘B,’ and ‘C.’
- Level A, you have to be 7 or older, the same as in the 3rd grade.
- Level B is for 9 and older, the same as 5th grade.
- Level C is for 12 and older, the same as 8th grade.
Benefits of NIOS OBE registration
- Children from diverse backgrounds, such as those in low-resource areas, often leave school.
- Children who need extra help.
- Some children live in institutions.
- Kids who have never been to school.
- Anyone from a volunteer group, young or old, who wants to take the test can do so.
- Since the RTE was made a law, there has been a clear difference in the number of children with special needs in school. From Mumbai, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, and MP.
- Children from special private schools, government-funded special schools, municipal special schools, privately enrolled children, and private organizations that help children with special needs can also join.
Adaptations for Special Needs Children:
They made sure that the content of the program could be changed to meet the requirements of children with special needs. Depending on the child’s needs, there are also exceptions and changes to tests and procedures.
The program aims to provide all necessary support for children with special needs.
Key features or achievements:
- The program was created for disabled children and those who left school. The government guidelines have been followed.
- Made tests easy for kids to take
- Facilities for e-learning (learning with help) were put in place.
- Did training modules about education for everyone.
- Children with disabilities were given a chance to try out vocational training.
NIOS OBE Registration
The National Institute of Open Schooling now allows online registration for levels A, B, and C in the Open Basic Education program.
The site for applying to the following course will be open until 30th September, 2023.
If you are homeless, a migrant, live in a slum, or are an orphan without a permanent address, you can apply for the NIOS OBE course. Just sign a self-certification saying so.
The NIOS said that this certificate must also be signed and stamped by the AA, NGO, or orphanage with their full name, job title, and address.
When registering online, these candidates must give an address where they can be reached. Candidates or their parents can look at the notice on the official portal for more information about the admissions process.
How to Apply For the OBE Programme 2024?
Step 1: Go to https://sdmis.nios.ac.in/.
Step 2: Under the Admission tab, click on OBE Registration.
Step 3: Choose your state, the type of ID you want to use, and the level you want to apply for.
Step 4: Fill out the basic information.
Step 5: Add documents and check your form to ensure there are no mistakes.
Step 6: Submit the form
Step 7: Keep the confirmation for later
Note: The fresh admission for secondary (10th) and senior secondary (12th) courses has been started. Students can sign up online. The deadline is March 15th to avoid late fees.
To be eligible for NIOS’s secondary, a candidate must be 14 years old. You want to be at least 15 years old for senior secondary courses.
A learner must give a self-certificate. I have considered enough to be able to take a secondary level course.
To enter senior secondary, the applicant needs to have completed high school from an accredited board.
NIOS OBE results for 2023
The National Institute of Open Schooling has announced the results of the Open Basic Education Programme. The results are for Level A, B, and C.
The OBE Programme has been judged by the board. Students can go to the official website to see how they did on exam.
How to check the 2023 NIOS OBE results:
Check out the official site at results.nios.ac.in
Click on “Check Result” to see your OBE score.
Enter your enrollment number and verification to see the result.
The scorecard for the NIOS Open will show up on the screen.
Download it and print it out.